Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Reflection

It has been a very interesting module for me. Though Math has never been my favourite subject and in fact I never did well all along. However; I had a change of mind set after sitting through those activities - exploring and thinking through those problems. This module had opened my mind to learn to enjoy Math. One particular activity I enjoyed most was the Dice activity. It was very engaging and stimulating. When I played this game with the kids; they were so amused and fascinated. The game went on for half and hour with great fun and laughter. After going through this course; I know one thing for sure that children learn Math through concrete experiences in a fun and engaging manner. Math need not be dull, boring and solemn. As a teacher; my responsibility is to instill in them a mind of curiosity to find out, to investigate and think of possible solutions as they engage and learn. Through it all; children will also learn to perserve and develop thinking skills.

Cookies: Only 1 (lucky for me since I am not good in Math)

No comments:

Post a Comment